Use of our site
Terms and Conditions for Education Establishments
- Use of our site
This page, together with any pages or documents referred to within it, set out the terms and conditions on which you may use our website (“site”) www.myschoolopendays.co.uk and the services available within the site.
Please read, and make yourself familiar with these terms before using our site. By using our site you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these terms. If you do not agree with these terms, you are prohibited from using the site.
Should you with to contact us about these terms and conditions please email: email@example.com
Information about us
www.myschoolopendays.co.uk is a site operated by School Open Days Limited (“We”). Our registered office is situated at Broomfield Park, Coggeshall Road, Earles Colne, Colchester, Essex CO6 2JX (c/o Steven Burton & Co Ltd). Our company number is 10438351.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is free and permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to our site at any time and do not guarantee that our site, or content held within it will always be available for use. We will not be liable for any time our site is unavailable for use for any length of time. You are responsible for ensuring you have access to our site and may only use our site for lawful purposes.
Registering an account
It is your responsibility to ensure your registration details are true and correct and that your password, whether chosen by yourself or issued by us, is kept secure and protected from misuse.
Only persons officially affiliated with an educational establishment (nursery, school, college or university) may register an education account, claim a listing for an educational establishment or alter the information for an educational establishment. If you are not affiliated with an education establishment then you must register as a general user, and only use the features intended for use by parents and students.
We reserve the right to disable a registered account if we feel that you have failed to comply with our terms and conditions.
Reliance on information
Information on our site is for guidance purposes only. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. You must make all appropriate investigations before entering into an engagement with any educational establishment (nursery, school, college or university) displayed on our site.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to verify or update such material.
Any information is provided for your personal use and it must not be used for commercial gain, such as the resale or further distribution to a wider audience.
Links to external websites
We may also provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products or services you purchase from third party sellers through our site, or from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, or any other public page on our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site.
In accessing any part of our site, you agree:
– not to use our site in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of our site by other users;
– not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of our site;
– not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on our site and entered by or relating to any third party user of our site.
– not to use our site in a way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
– not to use our site in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
– not to use our site for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
– not to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our acceptable use policy;
– not to transmit or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
– not to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and all material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treat and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Changes to terms and conditions
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- Terms and conditions for education establishments
These terms shall apply in addition to all other terms and conditions on this site. In the event of a conflict arising out of these terms and any others on the site, the provisions of these terms shall prevail.
Accuracy of information held
Every nursery, school, college and university (“education establishment/s”) in GB should already have a listing on our site. If your establishment does not have a listing and you wish to be included on our site, please register an account and add your establishment. We do not guarantee that all establishments are already listed on our site or that information published about them is up to date or correct but you are free to make changes to your details by registering an account and claiming your profile. You shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your contributions and for ensuring that that they are current and up to date.
Registering an account and content standards
Upon registering an account as an educational establishment you conform that you are officially affiliated with said establishment and have the permission to publish and alter the data about the establishment. This includes, but is not limited to;
- General information about the establishment
- Contact details
- Using branding such as establishment logos/badges
By uploading photos in the picture gallery or adding a video you confirm that you have copyright of this material and parental permission to publish material of anyone under the age of 16.
Uploaded material must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Uploaded material must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person or establishment, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or establishment.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You warrant that any contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above. We may also take any other action we deem appropriate.
Although our site is fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate our site or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating our site at any time.
Social Media: We have a social media presence and use Facebook and Twitter among other social media platforms. Please note that material posted by you to this site may be reposted or promoted by us on our social media platforms on the same conditions as apply to our website and subject to any additional conditions imposed by the platform in question. By posting to our website you are deemed to consent to any reposting or promotion by us using social media.
If you wish to upgrade your profile to our Premium package then payment will need to be made via Paypal. The price is £50 for 1 year, to be paid on application for an upgrade. We reserve the right to change the price at any time but if you have already signed up to the package then the price you paid will not be affected.
After the 1 year period your profile will revert back to a Standard package unless you wish to renew for a further year. The price applicable at this point will be the price published on our Upgrade page and may not necessarily be the same as the original price.
By registering an account with us and using our website you have access to a range of services to help advertise your establishment to a wider audience and increase visitors to your Open Days. However we make no guarantees as to how effective our services, paid or unpaid, will be.
You have the right to a full refund within 14days of upgrading to a paid service if you are unhappy in any way and we cannot correct the problem. You will need to notify us in writing of any problems or apply for a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the 14 day period no refunds will be given whether you choose to continue to use the service or not.